A place of remembrance dedicated to the fallen of Palazzolo in the two world wars
The Monument to the Fallen of Palazzolo, located on the church's forecourt, is the first monument to the Fallen erected in Veneto and one of the first in Italy. It was passionately wanted by don Augusto Corsi, the parish priest, and came to life thanks to the involvement and contribution of the entire community, which participated in its realization both with donations and with their own labor. The monument was inaugurated on August 3, 1919, in the presence of a large crowd coming from nearby towns.
The work consists of three overlapping octagonal bases, on which a broken column rises, symbolizing the tragically interrupted lives of the fallen soldiers. The names of the 18 Fallen of the First World War are inscribed on its surfaces, and subsequently, those of the 16 Fallen of the Second World War were added, so that their sacrifice may continue to be preserved in the memory of the community.